Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Girl

I took 2 rest days post race & today it was time to get back at it. The oldest girl child, Jackie, decided she wanted to work out with me.  She got her presidential fitness results yesterday & was none too happy.  The girl can read, write, spell, tell a story, shoot a basketball....but she doesn't do well with fitness testing apparently.  I decided to try a workout I found on Pinterest (I know you're shocked that I have found ANYTHING on that site!) called Killer Kardio.

Isn't it so colorful?

We went out to the garage & after Set 1 Butt Kicks, we really couldn't sustain a full minute of everything & decided for our first try at this we'd just do 1/2 of everything listed.  That made it more do-able for the Not-So-Fit Wealer Girls.  

Here's just a little glimpse into our conversation:

Mom:  That sweat is just your fat cells dying!  
Jackie:  Oh...I thought sweat was just a sign that I needed to take a bath. 

(while doing our second set of burpees)
Mom:  These are the ugliest burpees ever done!
Jackie:  I bet it's really hard with your long legs!
Mom:  Yeah, and just think about how old I am too!
Jackie:  Oh, you're not that old...it's not like you're even 45 or anything.

(walking to the street to start 3rd run)
Mom:  You ready?
Jackie:  Yes.
Mom:  Ok good, cause I'm not. (panting)
Jackie:  Really?  I'm not either.  I just said I was because I thought you were.

When we got back to the house she decided she'd like to work out with me over the summer to work up to doing this entire workout in full, so that's our goal.  We'll keep you posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment