Monday, February 21, 2011

My Girls

On our way home from Jackie's all-day camp at the farm, I told her she needed to take a shower because I was sure she was smelly.  Josie said, "I'm gonna live on a farm, so I need to get used to that smell."  So I asked if they might live on the same farm, knowing that Jackie will probably have a zoo.  I looked back in my rear view mirror as I asked & Jackie wrinkled up her nose and shook her head no.  Josie said, "No because then we'd have to be married."  

After I explained that they could each have their own house on the same farm, the conversation switched to Josie's house.  So, I asked if I would get my own room.  Jackie said I could stay in her guest room, but Josie assured me I could have my very own room at HER house.  This made me smile.  Then Josie informed us that when Jamison came over he could just sleep with her.  I asked if she would have a husband & she said yes.  I asked where her husband would sleep.  She said, "He'll sleep in the bed with me.  Jamison can sleep on the floor in my room."  Uh, ok.  Then she went on..."And Daddy can sleep in the floor of my room too."  Jackie said, "Daddy can just sleep with Mom."  And Josie quickly responded, "But MOM said she wanted her OWN room!"  Silence--except for my giggles.  Then Josie says, "Well, I guess Daddy can sleep on the floor in Mommy's room."  

Ah, I love my girls.  At least I know they've always got my back!

Halloween 2010--Glad these scary little creatures are on my good side!

No comments:

Post a Comment