Friday, May 11, 2012

I'll take it...

I turned 36 yesterday.  I'm not hung up on age.  You're only as old as you feel right?  Well, honestly, some days I feel 150.  But not today.  After my family spoiled me with gifts last night, I decided today was the day to push my running to the next step & go for 6 miles.  As I was getting ready to leave the house, I mentioned this goal to my ever-positive-and-overly-optimistic-but-completely-adorable hubby.  Today was sunny & beautiful and I had the time to do a long run....BUT....I don't like setting myself up for failure so I mentioned that I didn't know if I'd be able to make it the full 6 miles without getting a drink of water.  No, seriously, I'm such a slow runner that I get thirsty quickly!   He said, "After everything I've watched you go through, I'm certain you can make it an hour with no water. Go run your 6 miles.  You can do it."

This amazing man DOES.NOT.EVER.talk about the things I've gone through. The fact that those words slipped past his lips is all it took.

6.12 miles done.  Time?  Yeah, it took a long time.  But it's the longest distance to date.  And I know that it was his words that gave me what I needed to get it done.

Oh, and the adorable, green iPod Nano he got me as a birthday gift & loaded with my favorite songs last night might have helped too.




No comments:

Post a Comment