Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's All I Seem to do These Days...

Here I am updating you on yet another run...and I've been trying not to bore you with more posts about my progress, but today is a big one for me.  I'm a little proud.

About one year ago I wrote an entry about my first season of CT5K progress.  And it included my first experience of running longer than 4 minutes at one time.  I also mentioned the day that I ran 2 miles without stopping for the first time--26:07 was my time.  I am proud to be slow, by the way.

This year I'm training for the 7 mile Survivor Harbor race coming up in a couple weeks and then the Half Marathon in October.  In my last entry I shared my first 6 mile training run experience & since then have actually completed a 7 mile training run at 3/1 intervals.  Yes, that cute boy of mine suggested I just go for it, so I did.  Just happens that at the 6.5 mark, I was this close to calling it a night--I had finished a personal longest run, it was dinner time & I was TAPPED out on energy.  But, as I rounded that last 1/2 mile loop & started to walk for my cool down, my iPod began playing Martina McBride's I'm Gonna Love You Through It.


Well, dammit.  I took the hint.  Seven miles done with 3/1 intervals in about 1:31.  So now I know I CAN do it!  (AND I was even able to get out of bed the next day!)

Today, I decided on a shorter distance but with no intervals.  I just popped in to note that I finished my first 2 miles today with no intervals in 23:25, one year after doing 2 miles for the first time in 26:07.  It's not record breaking, but it's exciting to me!  

Don't worry--this race is in just about 3 weeks so after that you'll get a break on my running reports.  But, if you're interested in supporting Team Fight and all that they do for young adults & their families during & following a cancer diagnosis, please consider making a donation to me at my website.  If you have any questions about the Ulman Cancer Fund & where the money raised is spent, feel free to give me a call!  This is an amazing organization & I am beyond honored to be representing them on June 10!





No comments:

Post a Comment