Monday, June 17, 2013

Super Dad's Day

So, my hubby got the short end of the deal this Father's Day when I scheduled Jackie & myself to be gone all day on a girl scout trip.  He's always a good sport, though, and didn't mind terribly when we decided to celebrate a day early.  It started with an early rise to cook breakfast.  I am a sweets-in-the-morning kinda girl.  I love me a chocolate muffin or donuts, danish or coffee cake.  Joel, however, likes his eggs, meat & potatoes.  So, I found a breakfast pizza with crescent rolls, cheese, hash browns, sausage & eggs.  (I found it on pinterest, printed but did not pin so I cannot seem to locate it again right now. :/)   But it was PERFECT--easy peasy & so so yummy!

Next we gave him his gifts.  Since his birthday was just a month ago & I may have gone a little overboard, he'd already asked for nothing.  But...that's not gonna happen.  So, we did a little something.

Jamison & I found a couple plastic beer mugs at Target that were screaming "Daddy's Summer Lawn Mowing Beer Mug" so we picked them up.  Then I was piddling around on Pinterest & ran across this idea...and paired it with a super hero questionnaire (I also found on Pinterest, but printed without pinning) and we ended up with this adorable Super Dad gift for Daddy.

Daddy's Super Dad Box of Beer
 (We did not follow the blog example exactly--Joel got the contents of his bottles to enjoy on his own!)

Daddy reading the bottle tops.
 Now, my favorite part of this gift was having the kids fill out their questionnaire about their Super Dad.  I helped Jamison with his ONLY by writing what he said--word for word.  I had a difficult time keeping a straight face, and then an even harder time waiting to share this with Joel on Saturday.  I will keep this till the end of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment