Monday, December 13, 2010

Funnies

I wanted to just share a couple funnies on this Monday morning--the things my kids say that just make me smile!

Let me set the scene:  I am home alone feeding the kids a delicious dinner of spaghettios & cucumbers on TV trays in the family room while talking on the phone with my dad.  (This was during kitchen remodel so we were avoiding the mess of that room)  I have given each child his or her plate of food & a juice box to drink, but I forgot to pass out the eating utensils and they were laying under a pile of napkins on the couch.  I'm a bit distracted as I am trying to do 15 things at once...

Jackie starts freaking out "I can't eat!  I can't eat my food!" 

Me:  "Why not?"

Jackie:  "I don't have any tupperware!"

Me:  "What?" 

Jackie:  "How am I supposed to ear my spaghettios with no tupperware?!?!"

Me:  "Silverware?"

Jackie:  "Oh yeah, silverware"


Scene 2: The 24/7 Christmas Song station is playing in the kitchen & we've been singing along all day.  The song Let It Snow comes on....

Josie (with huge eyes & a smile from ear to ear with excitement):  "I remember going to see this movie at the theater with Grandma & Grandpa!"

Me:  "We did see a movie at the theater with Grandma & Grandpa.  But it was Singing in the Rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment