Thursday, June 2, 2011

Embracing My Husband's Bromance

Urban Dictionary definition of Bromance

A close relationship between two bros to such a point

 where they start to seem like a couple.


Today, Joel was getting the grill ready to start dinner.  Kids were playing at the neighbors & I was still stinky from my nap time run.  Here's what happened...

Me:  I think I'll go shower the stink off of me now.

Joel:  Do that later.  Sit & have a drink with me.  Enjoy the weather. 

Me:  Ok.  

(insert generic conversation about our days & upcoming weekend plans)

--3 minutes into conversation--

 *Ring*  *Ring* (Joel's cell makes some crazy music that I can't describe in text form)

Joel:  (glancing at caller ID, grins sheepishly)

Me:  Who is it?

Joel:  Jeb (another smile)

Me:  Should I go shower now?

Joel:  That's a GREAT idea!  (immediately answers phone) I love you.

While I couldn't actually hear the response to that I love you, I am 99.9% sure it was greeted with "I love you too."  

And so, I went to wash the stink off myself while my husband enjoyed the weather & his adult beverage on the deck while talking to his *close* friend, Jeb.   Wondering if I should be worried?



No comments:

Post a Comment