Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This Ain't the Ritz Carlton Salon...

After my easiest surgery to date, my doctor told me I couldn't get my incision wet for 3 days.  Tonight, I needed a shower.

#1--I showered last on Sunday evening before the Monday surgery.
#2--I cleaned my whole house today & worked up quite a sweat.
#3--It's that time-of-the-month.
#4--I didn't want my legs to look like my husband's.
#5--When I took off the bandanna I had on my head, Joel couldn't stop staring at my hair.

Bathing was necessary. 

Some brief negotiating was required as my husband was all *pro doctor's orders* tonight and didn't want me to get wet.  So, we made a deal that I could take a super duper shallow bath while washing my hair (that he was still staring at) with a cup. 

Fast forward to me sitting in the bathtub & as I'm preparing to wash my hair, I notice my washing cup is across the bathroom.  So I called Joey to come help me.  I asked him to please assist me in getting my hair wet.  I leaned my head back & he starts pouring water on my hair & this is what followed....

"It's so nice to wash someone's hair without them crying."

"How you doin'?"

"Look, your hair is just as shiny as it was when it was dry!"

"How's that your heiness?"

I did shampoo & then he came back to rinse....

"Why are you letting water drip on your bandage, woman?!"

"I can't tell if I'm getting all the shampoo out."

"This is like a salon!"

Now it's conditioner time--

"Really?  Don't you have some leave in kind that I won't have to rinse?"

"Do you use that much?  How much does that cost?"

Time to rinse the conditioner...

"Lean back woman!  This ain't the Ritz Carlton Salon!"

Seriously, there was so much laughing--what a bonding experience.  But in true Joel fashion, his thoughtful words ended out evening as I was getting out of the tub...

"Make sure you don't pop a stitch trying to get outta there, woman."

What's not to love?



No comments:

Post a Comment