Friday, August 26, 2011

What size?

The email came today--10 weeks and counting!  Just 10 more weeks until we're walking 60 miles in Dallas, TX in the Susan G Komen 3 Day for the Cure.  If you hadn't heard, my husband (tho STILL waiting on leave approval) is walking with my team, Jenny's Army of Angels.

      
Jenny's Army of Angels 2010                             


Pictured above is our team last year wearing our team shirts--camo for the "army", pink for the "breast cancer" part of the walk, the back had a pair of wings for the "angels".  Cute, right? 

My 4th-year-in-a-row teammate, Jayne, so graciously offered to see if she could get a couple more of these shirts made for our new team members this year & we were hashing out some details last night, including sizes for those new walkers.

So, I pulled my shirt out of the closet & asked Joel, "Would you wear one of these with the team if we get you one made?  And what size do you think you'd need?" 

My husband, the man who has been by my side for 5+ years as our world has REVOLVED around breast cancer, says "That's really PINK.  Can I wear one in a different color?"

Now, in my head the following slide show is going as I recall the previous years I've participated in this walk...





Please note that not only are these pictures all of men, but the common theme of pink.

I replied, "Seriously?  It's a BREAST CANCER walk--the color associated with breast cancer is PINK.  If you want one in a different color, you can wear a PINK bra over it."

There was no pause, "Ok, I'll take an XL."

That's what I thought....

















No comments:

Post a Comment