Monday, November 1, 2010

Month of Thanks

Today my head has been swimming with thoughts.  My morning started with a trip to the doc with my little man.  It was his 2yr/3yr old well baby checkup.  Why 2/3yr you ask?  Yes, I FORGOT to take him for his 2 yr old checkup.  FORGOT.  I admit, that in my multiple trips to the doc for preop appts, surgeon for post surgery appts, urologist for kidney stones, lab for xrays & MRIs on my foot in the past 16 months, I let it slip my mind that my little guy may not be up-to-date on his vaccines.  SO, today we went for his 2/3yr old appointment and I have said thank you more than once for the clean bill of health. 

You see, while sitting at this particular appointment I got a text from Joel informing me that friends of ours were sitting in a hospital room with their 3 yr old daughter undergoing treatment for lukemia.  When I got home, I had an email update from my neighbor's niece regarding her 5 yr old's MRI test today and clinical trial starting on Thursday for his inoperable brain tumor.  And then a coworker asked for prayers as a 20 yr old child of her friend undergoes treatment for her 3rd round of cancer, currently planning her wedding as it is her only wish as they fear a devistating outcome for her. 

November is the month of thanks.  And on November 25 we will sit around our dining room tables and say thanks for all that we have.  I am thankful that I have a beautiful family & amazing friends.  I am thankful that I can say I am a survivor.  But I am mostly thankful for the little people in the world--like H, J & K--who remind me that I can be a better person as they are fighting a fight I will NEVER know or EVER understand.  My heart is with these 3 families tonight and through this month of thanks as everyday is truly a blessing.  Thank you for touching my life in more ways than you can possibly know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment