Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Let it Begin!

Today was my first outdoor training walk of the 2011 season!  I couldn't stand not taking advantage of the sunshine so I took a 3 mile walk on the boardwalk this morning.  It was a bit chilly for my liking, my iPod was deader than dead & I got out the door later than I had planned, but it felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO good to be back in my walkin' shoes!

The training for my 5K officially starts this Saturday, but as luck would have it, I will be off becoming certified as a Girl Scout Camp Mom for the weekend.  My body is a little thankful for that, but next week THAT training is underway as well!

Details--for those who haven't heard--are as follows:

November 4-6, 2011, my team--Jenny's Army of Angels--will be walking the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure in Dallas, Texas.  Our team is growing--you can join us if you'd like to walk!  This year the team has added its first man--MY man--and I couldn't be more excited!  I know he'll tell you that he's walking because I'm making him and that's ok.  But in my heart I know there's more to the story :)

If you're interested in joining our team or generously donating to our fundraising efforts, you can find us at 

www.the3day.org/goto/jennifer.s.wealer

Thank you to all those who have already started donating--we appreciate all your support!



By the way, there will be an update next week after the first 5K training....well, if I survive, that is!







No comments:

Post a Comment