Friday, January 6, 2012

Dreams

I obviously wrote this BEFORE the Christmas holiday, but with the hustle & bustle of the season I didn't post it.  I ran across it yesterday as I was getting back on my blogging wagon & decided to go ahead & put it out there without modifying it.  You'll get the point whether it's a tad belated or not.  The message is to dream big--put it out there & go for it!  

Thanksgiving was a wonderful weekend at our house--family from across the way came to visit, friends stopped by to share some yummy foods & laughter, Black Friday Deals!!!!!!!  The whole weekend was full of wonderful memories.

But, Friday afternoon there was a conversation that I can't get out of my mind. While listening to a dear friend talk about how unhappy she is in her current job & her difficulty finding a different job in the local area, another friend asked her a question that made my heart swell--she said "If money was not an issue, what would be your dream job?  What would you do if you could quit what you're doing now & money didn't matter?  What would make you happy?"  The unhappy friend got a smile on her face & her eyes sparkled when she explained what she would love to do if time & money (aka paying her mortgage) were not an issue.  I got goosebumps listening to her talk about it.

I don't know if it will ever be possible for this friend to live out her dream & do what she would do if money weren't an issue because we all know the bills have to be paid.  I do hope, with all my heart, that she finds a new position soon--something that will bring her peace & happiness in the new year because she is just too good of a person to be miserable.  But I also know that just having someone in your life who believes in dreams & the possibility of them can make your whole world seem brighter.

These two ladies know who you are--over the course of the afternoon we all spoke of bigger, better things coming in the new year.  We shared dreams in our professional lives & all sorts of "what ifs".  And we encouraged each other to do what our heart is leading us to do...even if it doesn't seem the most logical necessarily.  I cherish that friendship & that encouraging conversation so deeply.

In the coming weeks, as you decide what your 2012 New Years Resolutions will be, consider dreaming beyond the obvious & take a leap of faith in the new year to bring a smile to your heart.  And, please be that friend who believes in those in your life who have these big heart pulling dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment