Friday, September 17, 2010

Guest Blogger: Jacquelynn Sue Wealer

This is the story my 8 yr old wrote in her new birthday journal last night.  So far she has 3 adventures of these horses, but this one is the beginning where they meet.  I have added some punctuation that she didn't have so you could feel the flow of the story, but all of her spelling is genuine to her writing...Enjoy!

The Advengers of Penny, Mary & Black:  The New Friend



One day Mary was grazing in the field.  She loves to eat! 

 "Hey Mare!" cried Penny, who was trotting near by.  "Why don't we go an adventure?"

"There's a new horse in the barn," said Mary.  She started to graze again.

"Let's go!  Let's go!" shouted Penny.

Well that just ruined my breakfast, thought Mary.  They galloped to the barn.  The new horse was sleek black with a orange rope around his neck.  He bucked and kicked.

"Hi," said Penny.  She started to walk fourth...

"WAIT Penny!" cried Mary.  She stopped Penny.  "He could be dangres"

The horse stopped kicking.  "Sorry," he said.  "I'm just a little nerves.  My name is Black.  What's yours?" 

The girls just stared.  "Your so big!" said Penny. 

"Well, I'm half mustang half I don't no."

"My name is Penny," said Penny. "And this is my friend Mary.  We call her Mare for short."

"You guys have pretty names," said Black. 

"You have a handsome name!" The girls said together!

"Will you do me a favor?" Black asked.

"Sure" said Mary.

"Will you get me out of this stall and try to choo this rope off my neck.  It's killing me!"

Mare started chooing on the rope around his neck and Penny was undoing the lock.  When they finished their tasks, Black jumped in excitement.  "What do you guys want to do?" he asked. 

"We could race each other to the field!" said Penny.

"Great ida!" said Black.  "On your marks, get set, GO!!!"

The End



3 comments:

  1. Might have to set up her own blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, you have some great talent! Loved your story and can't wait to read more about Mary, Penny and Black. You are a true writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me hooked Jackie! I want to read more about my 3 favorite horses!

    ReplyDelete