Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It Feels SO Good...

To help others. 

Today started with me waking to some pain--more than I've had the past couple of days because I admit to overdoing it a little yesterday.  I'm on a 10 lb or less restriction for lifting and for the first 5 days post surgery Joel was home so he didn't let me lift a finger--at all.  Going back to a normal routine after being pampered, with no adjustments--yeah, I was hurtin' a little.  So that kinda sucked.  The rest of the day was relatively normal, but Jamison was sad when his community center class ended and he didn't want to leave, he was STARVING (in the only way a 2 yr old can starve--dramatically) while at the store for a quick errand, the girls came home with MORE stuff that required me to send in money, homework was a NIGHTMARE tonight & after I cooked dinner I've had both hubby & one child complaining of stomach pains. 

I could've easily decided to go to bed early--cuddle with hubby, catch some TV, rest my aching incisions, etc.  But I knew there were just a couple of calls I could easily squeeze in first--some catching up from last week.  My first call, to someone I've been playing phone tag with for 2 weeks, was the one!   She's the one who made this otherwise sorta-pretty annoying day worth it.  It turned my day around--helping make a change in her life for her & her family, helping her dream & restore the hope to her future, helping her begin a journey that could be the answer to all her prayers.  I love my job.  It feels so good to help others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment