Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Day?

Bubba had his first day of preschool today.


Happy Day?  Well....if you know me, you know I've been chomping at the bit to get him off to school so I can finally have a couple of hours a week to work in peace.  It's been almost 9 years since Jackie came along, you know.  And this year the Boy will attend 2 mornings a week for 3 hours each day.  Not that I can really do much around here in 3 hours when you consider how long it takes to drive anywhere, but I can dedicate those interruption free moments to productive business time.  YAY! 

However, Bubba is the only one of my children who never attended daycare so I could work outside of the home.  Bubba came into my world just under 4 years ago & he's been my sidekick ever since.  The Boy has helped me with grocery shopping, bathing suit shopping, sat through doctor & dentist visits, parent/teacher conferences, volunteering at the book fair at school, bank & post office trips...24/7 for 3 years & 10 months, this boy has been by my side.  And today, I dropped him off & walked away.  Ahhhh....

Happy Day?  Yes.  While it felt a tad strange not having him around, I know he's in the most loving environment possible.  And when he got in the car at the end of his school day, he couldn't stop talking about going back.  It's so true that they grow up too fast.  My baby's no longer a baby, but it's definitely a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment