Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dress Up

We had big plans for the 4 day weekend.  Jackie had horse riding camp all day Friday, Josie had a friend coming over for a play date, Aunt Gina was possibly coming to town...and then Thursday night Jackie woke up sick & everything had to be cancelled.  While Jackie was incredibly heartbroken to miss her camp, it was harder for Josie to understand why she couldn't still have her friend over since SHE wasn't the one who was sick.  As an alternate plan, I told her I would do makeup with her later in the day.  This was ALMOST as good as having a play date as Josie is my girly girl & loves to dress up and do makeup. 

So, after getting sidetracked several times, we finally sat down in the afternoon and I let her use my makeup & her own to make me beautiful...


We started with some mineral foundation.


She chose a very pretty blue for my eyes.
 The cutest part was her going through my makeup bag asking me what everything was used for.  She picked up my concealer & opened it.  "What's this, Mommy?"   When I told her it was concealer, she asked me how you use it.  I told her it was for blemishes--to hide them.  She, of course, asked what a blemish was.  Lucky for her, I had a few to show her!  "It's an imperfection of your skin that you don't want people to notice."  She started brushing the concealer on my forehead (Maybe to hide my wrinkles? I'm not sure?).  Then she moved to my cheek & finally she looked at my chin & declared "OOOh, here's one we definitely need to cover up!"  Thanks kid. 

The finished product--complete with Josie's favorite ice pink lip gloss.
What started out a little stressful with a sick Ms. Jackie turned out to be a pretty fun day being pampered by the Jos-meister.  I don't have pics, but she even painted my toes for me later!

2 comments:

  1. You know you always look nice dolled up. Seems like you guys had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those two beauties!! I will have to schedule an appointment with Josie...I can never seem to get my act together when it comes to make-up. :)

    ReplyDelete