Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Little Laugh...

Yesterday Jackie had a stomach bug & was in bed sick all day.  She had trouble keeping food down so everywhere she went she took a bucket with her.

As the girls were going to bed last night, Jackie was feeling much better but kept her bucket by the bed, just in case.  Josie started complaining that her tummy wasn't feeling well either.  I wasn't sure if she had gotten the bug Jackie had or if she was just saying it for attention.  So, I gave her a bucket of her own, but reminded her that if she got sick she wouldn't get to do anything fun over the weekend.  I figured that would determine if she was really feeling bad or not. 

A couple minutes later I walked past the girls' room & Josie said "Momma, I don't need this bucket anymore.  My tummy stopped hurting."  I smiled & said, "Are you sure?  You can keep it here, just in case."  I knew my little trick of withholding fun had worked on her faking a stomach ache.  She said "No, really, my tummy stopped hurting.  I just needed to toot."  Then that beautiful little thing flashed the cutest smile & I couldn't stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment