Monday, January 24, 2011

YAY Daddy!

Joel narrowly missed passing his military fitness test last fall by a couple of sit ups.  It seemed so silly because he can literally run circles around me & is in really great shape.  So when he came home & told me, he had a great sense of humor about it.  Not passing meant he would have to attend a class about nutrition & being healthy.  He jokingly named it "Fat Camp". 

This month Joel got to retake his fitness test & at dinner that night he had a celebratory glass of wine.  Jackie asked him what he was celebrating & he said, "Well, I passed my fitness test at work."  Jackie jumped up in her chair, started clapping and immediately shouted "YAY DADDY, no more FAT CAMP!"  I laughed the best laugh! 



Yep, you can't keep a thing in the world from your kids--they hear everything you say & watch everything you do!  I hope the good stuff sticks!

2 comments:

  1. How funny. Fat Camp!!! I live the picture. See a little Jack face in there with the girls. Love, Mom/Holly/Grandma

    ReplyDelete