Wednesday, August 18, 2010

27 minutes...

During one of the workshops I attended at my recent business convention, I heard a statistic that goes something like this..."The average American couple spends 27 minutes/week having a 1 on 1 conversation."  You know, talking about adult things to another adult together...and as a parent of three children under the age of 7, this makes sense to me.  I can see where this might happen.  Fortunately for us, we have schedules that allow us to be home more often together and spend more time talking.  Well, I said fortunate....let me backtrack.  You see, last week while sitting in this workshop many many many miles & 2 time zones away from my husband, I felt very fortunate that we don't fall into that statistic.  We definitely spend more than 27 minutes a week talking--about our work, our plans, our future, our dreams.  And then tonight the kids were in their rooms playing after dinner, we were in the living room alone with no TV to distract us and we started talking.  It only took a few minutes, only one smart-A$$ comment from that man and I told him that I now understand why most couples don't talk more, especially if they're married to a husband like mine.  So here's a case in point...this is a Facebook conversation starting with my youngest brother-in-law writing on his new wife's wall "I love you baby" and then the following comments...   

John Wealer i love you baby..

                 Adam Wealer oh god 

                Gina Richardson watch it, brother-in-law.... :)



 
 

 
So, welcome to the family, Gina.  I hope the conversations in your house are more grown up than the ones from your husband's brothers.  And I wish you WAY more than 27 minutes of happy talking for the rest of your weeks together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment