Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trying New Things....

Two years ago, at convention, my friends decided we needed to go out for sushi.  I had never had sushi.  So, out of desire to spend time with them, I agreed to go if they'd order for me and make sure I didn't get anything too "fishy."  I will tell you that was one of the best times I've ever had--me with my training chopsticks & MB eating the whole edamame before she knew what it was!  We laughed and laughed and laughed.  So, this year when we went for our 3rd annual sushi dinner, I had another first.  I ate octopus!  Yep!  What did it taste like?  I know you wanna know--especially if you're an octopus eating virgin like I was.  And I actually dropped it in my little bowl of soy sauce because, even 2 years later, I am still NO good with the chopsticks!  So, it tasted mostly like soy sauce but it was the texture that got me.  It was a little chewy and it popped in my teeth--EWWWW!  My cheeks were sore after dinner from all the laughing again.  I came home and told my girls about Mommy eating octopus.  They were a little wigged out, but I told them they should not be afraid to try new things....

No comments:

Post a Comment