Sunday, August 15, 2010

Run Forrest Run!

I remember watching Forrest Gump in the movie theater. I cried, laughed, cried, laughed...best. movie. ever. The fall of 1994 I started college & was in the marching band. Forrest Gump had been a very popular movie, if you recall.:) In the week before classes started, the band met to go through drills and start learning the first halftime show. Any mistakes you made cost you a "troop lap" (running around the entire 300+ member band WHILE they're marching across the campus). One of the boys in my section was what you might call "the class clown" and thought it would be funny to call me Jenny. And not just Jenny but Jen-nay like Forrest called his love interest in the movie. This was a tad annoying to me so every time he had to run a troop lap I yelled "Run Forrest Run!" Oh, I got so irritated with that blue eyed blonde boy I was forced to march beside. How dare he call me Jenny! No one called me Jenny. My name is Jennifer, NOT Jenny.

His name is Joel.

1 comment: