Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's not just a box...

You know those friends in life that you can see every 5 years or even more and as soon as you're back together it's like you never were apart? I am so blessed to have a group of that kind of friends. We met in college 16 years ago...we've all split off and live in different parts of the country now. But, every time we travel back to MO, we TRY to get together. And every single time, it's like we're back in college...sitting around watching the show that brought us together "Friends". And nothing's changed...and nothing matters...we're honest and open and accepting and loving and it's perfect. When my cancer came back and I was scheduled for my second mastectomy with reconstruction, these girls went together and sent me the biggest box I've ever gotten in the mail--full of fun things to do during my recovery. The best part of the box was the decorations on the outside--it was covered on ALL sides with pics of US & the things that we enjoyed together back in college. It's been over a year since that surgery and I still have the box, tho now it's empty. I won't let Joey get rid of it...because it's not just a box...

No comments:

Post a Comment