Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pink or yellow?

So, not only do I have a strange sense of humor, but my sister does as well. And my poor mother ends up dealing with us together more than anyone else. The night I found out I had cancer I called my lil' sister. After I convinced her I wasn't lying we decided we had to tell my mom in a very delicate manner. We made the call to her together. Emily broke the news something like this...

"So Mom, Jennifer's pathology came back from her surgery and they found DCIS which is a form of breast cancer. But, the good news is that she's a girl and not a boy...(pause)...Because we all look good in pink. Testicular cancer is yellow and that just washes us all out."

Yes, this is the way the conversation went down...don't believe me? Ask my mom. So when she got the news of her daughter's cancer, we all were cracking up. See...laughter really IS the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment