Sunday, August 15, 2010

Welcome to the world...


So, let me just say that I have been called a "pain in the ass" more than one time in my life.  But my Momma has the privilege of calling me that in a literal sense.  It was Mother's Day 1976 and my Mom was incredibly pregnant with yours truly.  Her water broke so the doctor instructed her to walk.  In the house I grew up in--where my Dad still lives to this day--there is a circle from the living room to the kitchen to the dining room back to the living room where she walked and walked.  The details of when she actually arrived at the hospital and the form of pain relief she was given are all fuzzy to me as I try to recall the exact story.  But the part I specifically remember and am reminded of often, is the part where I was a FAT and SHORT baby so in the process of coming thru the birth canal and out into this world, I literally broke my mother's tail bone.  Luckily, I have gotten TALL and not SO FAT anymore, but I am still a pain in my poor Momma's ass anytime she has to sit for long periods of time.  So, welcome to the world Jennifer Sue & to the painful reality of motherhood, Patricia Sue!   Little did she know this was just the beginning....

No comments:

Post a Comment