Monday, August 16, 2010

Take My Breath Away...

Life's not the breaths you take
Breathin in and out
That gets you through the day
Ain't what it's all about
Ya just might miss the point
Tryin to win the race
Life's not the breaths you take
But the moments that take your breath away


These are the words to a song by country star George Strait & I love it.  My girls are counting down the days (Oh, who am I kidding?  We're ALL counting down the days) till school starts next week.  This year my big girl Jackie will be in 2nd grade & my little lovebug Josie Mae starts Kindergarten.  This child can truly challenge me as a mom & loving parent on a regular basis but I think I just might be a little choked up next week when she gets on that big ol' yellow school bus.  She's picked out a horse backpack like her big sister.  They have matching lunch boxes and she's even started asking for PB&J sandwiches when otherwise she used to HATE peanut butter.  They grow up so fast...it's slipping away.  Today the girls sang Garth Brooks songs in the backseat of the car at the top of their lungs, they swam like little fishies in the neighbor's pool & tonight we cuddled while we read books.  I have one more full year with the little Bubba Boy at home with me playing "To Infinity & Beyond" and watching Dora before he starts part-time preschool.  Too many times I have wished for the day to be over for more reasons that one, but it's so true about how fast it slips by.  Before I know it, they'll be starting High School and the we'll take them off to college?  Really?  Well, for now, I'll keep looking for and treasuring the little moments that take my breath away....

No comments:

Post a Comment