Sunday, August 15, 2010

Just blow..

My mother spent a small portion of my pre-school childhood as a working mother. And, as fortune would have it living in a small town where both she & my dad grew up, she had an aunt who lived just down the street. Aunt Gert watched me every day while Mom worked. I wasn't even 2 yet, so I don't remember any of this but the story goes like this....Aunt Gert called my mom at work and told her I had something in my nose and she couldn't see anything or get anything out. Fun thought, isn't it? Mom drove, or maybe she walked because she only worked about 2 blocks from Aunt Gert's house, and asked me what was in my nose. I told her it was a rock. She couldn't see anything. So Mom, being the genius that she is, held my other nostril shut & told me to "just blow". And I did. And sure enough, the rock came out! See, I TOLD you there was a rock in my nose! A mother's work is NEVER done. Now, just imagine telling YOUR boss that you have to leave for a few minutes because your child says there's something in her nose but the babysitter doesn't see anything...yeah right! Maybe this is why she came home not long after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment