Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ahhhh...

This morning we used our new-to-us-used bike rack to take the 2 little J's on a bike ride at Quiet Waters park in Annapolis. The weather has been SO PERFECT this week and we had to take advantage. After we did about 3/4 of the loop on the bike route, we took a break on the South River to have a snack and water. Joel took the kids down to the water and I sat in the gazebo watching the boaters starting the holiday weekend on the water. Then, I almost cried. Joel came back and said "What is wrong with you?" He already thinks I'm crazy but I think he's wondering to what extent these days. So I just smiled and said nothing was WRONG. For whatever reason, the past 8 years we've lived here, I haven't appreciated where we are. We live near enough to the bay to be able to go to the beach anytime, it's just down the road. We're less than an hour from our Nation's Capital and all the amazing monuments and museums. We have access to state parks all around us--for free as military--and our children are growing up here! This is an incredible life we're living. We have a beautiful home, in an amazing neighborhood...our kids are incredible and my husband is truly the LOVE of my LIFE. We aren't perfect, by any means...but our life sure is as close to it as I can imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment