Sunday, August 15, 2010

They Grow up So Fast...

After a 2 hour bike ride for the family & 7 mile training walk for me, we came home & Joel made some yummy frozen pina coladas. The girls asked if they could have one too, so Joel poured the pina colada mix w/out the rum--obvious to some, maybe not to everyone--and they enjoyed their own version with dinner as well. After dinner, my 7 yr old loaded the dishwasher--a new chore she's learning to do--and then sat down with me at the table to sip the rest of her refreshing beverage. She says to me, "Pina coladas are delicious. Could I have some coffee with you in the morning?" Um, no. She didn't understand & of course followed up my no with an immediate "why not?" Because you're 7. 'Nuf said. You are SEVEN, not SEVENTEEN, not TWENTY SEVEN, just plain ol' going into 2nd grade in 2 weeks SEVEN! I remember this--I know it will only get worse as we go, but she has to stop wanting to be older than she is. Just yesterday she asked me if she could SHAVE HER LEGS! Oh dear...they grow up way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment