Sunday, August 15, 2010

It takes all kinds to make the world go round....

At least that's what I tell myself when I'm forced to interact with someone who's really just plain ol' stupid. And yes, the "s" word is a BAD word at my house, but some people really deserve the title. I work in a business where I make phone calls. I DO NOT telemarket--I don't pick up the phone book and just start dialing. My job is to advertise my work at home opportunity and when people contact ME, then I call them. SO, one of my biggest pet peeves is stupid people who answer the phone when they can't talk. First of all, everyone has caller ID, right? If my number/name/state comes up on your phone and you don't know who it is, then you KNOW it's not your mom calling about your dad being rushed to the hospital or the kids' school calling to tell you they got sick and need to be picked up. Voicemail is an amazing invention and I leave messages when I want you to call me back. So when I call & you answer and I introduce myself telling why I am calling and then ask if this is a good time to chat for a few minutes, the last thing I expect to get in response is "Well, no, it's not a good time, I'm driving and shouldn't be on the phone while I drive..." or "No, it's not a good time, I was rushing out the door to pick up my kids from daycare." HELLO! Don't pick up the phone if it's NOT a good time to talk!

This entry could literally go on and on and I can only guess there will be more like it in the future, but my second biggest irritation with my business is people who are too stupid to act like an adult. Ok, if you're grown up enough to birth a child (don't get me started bc I know what lack of qualifications there are for that, believe me...I used to be a teacher), have a credit card and be issued a paycheck, then you need to have enough brain cells to take adult responsibility for agreements and commitments you make. If you don't know how to read, you shouldn't be signing anything. If you don't understand fully, ask questions. Don't come to me later and act like I suddenly started speaking a foreign language. You can call me names if you want, but I'm the successful one and you're the stupid one.

1 comment:

  1. Go Jen! I could definitely add to the stories! Some of the actual phone conversations should be "recorded for quality and training purposes"! - to show POOR quality and training on what NOT to say! But as my sister likes to say "Ya can't fix STUPID"!

    ReplyDelete