Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gersberds

So Aunt Gert had the infamous pink flamingo yard decorations in her front yard. And I saw them each day, of course. One day some punk kids thought it would be funny to take them. A couple days later my family was driving around the neighborhood and I started yelling "gersberds! gersberds!" As is common when toddlers are trying to communicate, no one had and idea what I was saying. Even after asking me to repeat myself, no one knew what I was getting so excited about. I continued to scream "gersberds! gersberds!" And by now I'm frustrated that they can't understand what I'm saying! Again, the details of the story are a little fuzzy, but later my family noticed my Aunt Gert's pink flamingos in ANOTHER neighor's yard at which point I yelled again "gersberds! gersberds!" AHHHHH, now they got it--"Gert's Birds! Gert's Birds!" And pink flamingos will always be "gersberds" to me. Maybe I'll get some for my yard...

No comments:

Post a Comment