Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mayberry

So I had a pretty normal childhood. It was mom, dad, me & my little sister. We had no pets (because my mom was "allergic" so now she has 2 dogs...hmmm...). Our house was in the middle of town where we could hear the cheering and announcing from the Friday night High School football games. In grade school I was a girl scout & in 4H. Jr. High brought band into my life where I played the french horn & met my favorite of all teachers, my band director Mr. L. I joined the Speech & Debate team in 10th grade & starting my Junior year brought home multiple trophies. Leading the marching band as Drum Major filled my fall months for both my Junior and Senior year while being elected Co-Captain of the Speech & Debate team my Senior year. If popular means that I was well known in the school, then yes, that's me. If by popular you mean I was ever elected for anything like student council or prom queen, then no. But I cannot complain. I had a wonderful family & fabulous childhood. When I left home to go to college in the fall of 1994, it was the first time I'd lived anywhere but our home on Florence Street in our own little "Mayberry". Looking back, it's amazing how things happen for a reason and it's truly amazing how we have no idea how much will change....

No comments:

Post a Comment